Puerto Rico: Spouse Support Summit (December 2021)
Puerto Rico EDI: Employment and VA Benefits Workshop – December 11, 2021, 9am-4pm AST
The Veterans Benefit Administration’s Division of Outreach, Transition and Economic Development (OTED), in partnership with the Department of Labor Veteran Employment and Training Service (VETS) invited all military spouses of any transitioning Service members to a special event featuring employment workshops, VA Benefits 101, Social and Emotional Health Resources, and Survivor and Casualty Assistance Resources.
Participants Learned about:
- How to think like an employer and market yourself by developing your professional introduction and learning how to identify and expand your network.
- Using LinkedIn features to highlight your profile and expand your network, along with finding information on federal hiring authorities for military spouses.
- Key tactics to identify your eligibility for VA programs and services. This instructor-led training will be virtual via the Microsoft Teams platform.
- 9:00 am to 12:15 pm AST: Marketing Me, LinkedIn Profiles, and Federal Hiring presented by DoL VETS
- 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm AST: Lunch
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm AST: VA Benefits 101, Casualty Assistance Resources, and Social and Emotional Health Resources presented by VA Benefits Advisor
Learn more about the workshops on the U.S. Department of Labor website.
Links to the handouts (links open in a new tab):
- Marketing Me
- LinkedIn Profiles
- Federal Hiring
- VA Benefits 101: Military Life Cycle (MLC)
- Survivor and Casualty Assistance Resources
- Social and Emotional Health Resources
- TEAMS Website Guide
Event Link - www.dol.gov/teamsworkshops